Collaborative by Nature
Since 1982 MAi Research has been delivering accurate, actionable research to some of the most successful companies in the world. We help our clients promote their brands and understand their customers using proven research methodologies, innovative analytic techniques, and the insight of our experience.
Our commitment to excellence lead us to continually develop new methodologies, new questionnaire designs, new analytical techniques, and new research applications. We invest in development so we can better serve our clients and ensure their success in marketing and developing their products.
- Consultative Style
- We don’t just present what we discover, we teach and guide our clients through the learnings and how to apply them to drive business impact.
- Easy to Work With
- We do the heavy lifting so our clients can focus on what they do best.
- We take the time to fully understand our clients’ environments including their stakeholders’ expectations.
- Our entire process is open to our clients, and we welcome them to dive in with us to whatever depth they desire.
- Creativity & Innovation
- We develop new techniques when needed to more completely address client objectives/business goals.
- Team of Self-Thinkers
- We encourage every team member to take ownership of research as if their own brand were utilizing the results while also working together to utilize a variety of strengths.
- Our entire team has the experience and open-mindedness needed to think through the impact of study design, methodology choices, sampling decisions, and provide thoughtful storytelling to present results with confidence.
Over the past several years, the MAi Research advanced analytics team has been enhancing their techniques to forge their own identity as Pathfinder Analytics.
MAi Research and Pathfinder Analytics combined represent an improved focus on true custom research design enhanced by proprietary advanced analytics capabilities, with a focus on driving business results.
Pathfinder Analytics provides an approach to finding “the why” inherent in marketing questions by harnessing the latest in machine learning, pattern recognition, and natural language processing coupled with a unique skillset in applying and interpreting results according to business needs. Specifically, Pathfinder's focus is on four critical components:
Discovering the thoughts, feelings, and motivations that define the connections and associations people have with categories and brands – or even a specific stimulus such as a concept, communication, or a product
Finding what actually drives brand predisposition, choice in the moment of truth, and ongoing loyalty by integrating the rational, emotional, and personal closeness dimensions
Identifying precise and actionable definitions of the most important brand targets that can be influenced by messaging and media
Building simulators to explore what-if scenarios across branding, packaging, and pricing alternatives prior to high-risk in-store testing
Over the past 30 years, MAi Research has conducted research with a wide variety of Fortune 500 clients across many categories, including:
- Consumer Packaged Goods
- Financial Services
We also have extensive experience with international research in developed and emerging markets across the globe:
- Latin America including Mexico and Brazil
- Eastern and Western Europe
Although our central headquarters is in Charleston, South Carolina, our staff is spread throughout the United States to ensure we have the best talent available to us.
2000 Sam Rittenberg Blvd
Charleston, SC 29407